Whenever I go to visit my parents, usually a weekend trip, we always manage to have a homemade breakfast. Sometimes we have Eggs & Bacon, Muffins, or Mom's Famous Mickey Mouse Pancakes - yes, I'm in my late 20's and still look forward to the mouse pancakes (sometimes with chocolate chips too!). Dad has always made THE best French Toast. The most recent visit was to go wedding dress shopping with my sister, KB. P.S. She found an amazing dress, looked absolutely beautiful in it and I can't wait for her wedding!!!
There were about seven of us that needed to be wrangled in the morning to go wedding dress shopping, but Mom made sure we had a good breakfast, Blueberry Muffins. There is really nothing like hot muffins, fresh out of the oven, with a pat of butter melting on both halves. Mmm yum!
I recently went blueberry picking and still have a bunch in my fridge and freezer. What better way to use those sweet blueberries than in this delicious recipe. You'll want to have one with butter right from the oven too!
Crumb-Top Blueberry Muffins
adapted from a culinary school recipe
Crumb-Top Blueberry Muffins Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons All Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Brown Sugar, packed tightly
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter, cold
- 2.5 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup Granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 2 large Eggs
- 6 tablespoons Unsalted Butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 2 cups Blueberries, fresh or frozen
Crumb-Top Blueberry Muffins Directions:
- Heat oven to 350F. Either grease and flour or line muffin tins with cupcake wrappers.
- Make topping by combining the first 4 ingredients, Flour, Sugar, Brown Sugar and Cinnamon, in a small bowl. Cut in the Butter using a pastry blender or 2 knives, until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs and set aside.
- For the muffins, combine the Flour, Sugar, Brown Sugar, Baking Powder, Baking Soda and Salt in the bowl of your stand mixer.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the Eggs, melted Butter, Vanilla Extract and Buttermilk.Pour the liquid mixture into the dry ingredients and mix just until combined, being careful not to overmix. Remember to scrape the sides of the bowl to ensure that the ingredients are incorporated.
- Gently fold the Blueberries into the batter until evenly distributed.
- Using an ice cream or cookie scoop, fill the muffin cups almost to the top - about 18 all together. Sprinkle each muffin with about 1-2 teaspoons of Crumb Topping.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. The will be golden and spring back when touched or until a cake tester inserted into the middle comes out clean.
Today's Brunch Recipes from participating #BrunchWeek Food Bloggers
Brunch Recipes with Eggs
Asparagus and Leek Frittata by Rachel Cooks
Asparagus and Leek Frittata by Rachel Cooks
Baked Ham and Egg Cups by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Deviled Egg Spread with Home Rolled Crackers by Vanilla Lemonade
Veggie Quiche Cups by Take A Bite Out of Boca
Asparagus and Eggs in Mornay Sauce by Noshing With The Nolands
Brunch Recipes with Potatoes
Traditional Home Fries by Sarcastic Cooking
Meat, Poultry and Fish Brunch Recipes
Chicken Pockets by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
Turkey Dill Crepes by Kokocooks
Breads, Grains, Cereals and Pancake-type Yums
Cherry Coconut Granola by Katie's Cucina
Brioche by poet in the pantry by poet in the pantry
Gold Goddess Steel Cut Oats by The Vintage Cook
Quick and Easy Early Morning Parfaits by Cravings of a Lunatic
Caramelized Onion & Bacon Croque Monsieur by The Kitchen Prep
Fruit and Vegetable Brunch Recipes
Warm Salad Three Ways by Cook the Story
Spreads for Brunch
Black & Blue Thyme Jam by Cooking In Stilettos
Brunch Dessert Recipes
Banana Walnut Scone (Gluten Free/Dairy Free) by Around My Family Table
Croissant & Chocolate Bread Pudding by White Lights on Wednesday
Honey Poached Pear “Sundae” by Amanda’s Apron
Strawberries and Cream Muffins by The Domestic Mama & The Village Cook
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Until next time,
LOVE & CONFECTIONS!
Disclosure: I have not been given any monetary compensation for this post or any #BrunchWeek post involving the above sponsors and/or prizes. Samples and bits of promotional material have been given to me, not exceeding a value of $100 total.